05 August 2018

Books & Gardens - die cutting


I love books and reading and gardens. A lovely place to read is in the quiet beauty of nature. My card features dies and stamps by Impression Obsession.


Putting It Together 

I woke up with this idea in my head and knew I had to put it together. 



I did a dry fit with the Impression Obsession die set and a frame from Queen and Company.


I die cut from black and did another dry fit on the white card base.


I cut several of the frame, cutting some from Recollections paper and one textured from Bazzill. I stacked the frames to give it dimension.


After stacking the frames, I adhered the tree to the back.


I trimmed away the overlap.


I backed the tree and frame with pearled white paper.


I added the boy and his book to finish the scene.


I added the scene to the card and stamped the sentiment.


Inside, I added a stack of books from one stamp set and a bookish sentiment from another. I stamped them on the bottom to allow the card to be used for any occasion.



Supplies


Challenges

Dies R Us: Black and White
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Anything Goes
Scrapping 4 Fun: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers CAS: Die Cuts

9 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! I love the beautiful scene you created and the sentiment is perfect as well! Thanks for joining our "Black and White" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card it is so stylish and I love the sentiment,thanks for joining us here at Penny's paper crafty challenge blog Lyn DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I just love silhouettes and this card is just precious! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Black & White’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. And that sentiment is my favourite.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun this time.
    Priya DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and tutorial
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
    Renate DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us over at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!!! It’s beautiful...love it !!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrapping4fun challenges... Dt - Vidhi Jadeja 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the placement of the dies... a truly terrific card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Happy Little Stampers CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So striking in monochrome. I must remember this technique of framing die cuts, you can get so much more out of them. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.