10 May 2017

Strike!


Bowling babes in a single layer small card, can they roll a strike? The ladies are wearing their league shirts and are ready to have a ball. The satin shirts and sparkly balls are done with Perfect Pearls. the rest is coloured with Distress ink.



Supplies



Putting It Together

The Art Impressions challenge is for a single layer card with the ladies, so I decided to use the stamp set I recently bought on clearance at Michaels and hadn't used yet. These Bowling Babes are so cute.


I planned out my placement by doing a dry fit with the stamps on an A2 of heavy watercolour cardstock I made. I use watercolour cardstock for my single layer cards because I use water medium to colour. I used Distress ink minis with waterbrushes.


I love stamping with the Misti. I almost never stamp any other way. When stamping on a 'bumpy' surface, like watercolour cardstock, the Misti is also nearly foolproof double stamping. Not everything stamped on the first, re-ink and stamp again.


I stamped the image in a light colour to do a "no lines" technique.


I coloured/painted the panel with Distress ink minis (smoosh the mini on to my plastic work surface and pick up the colours with a waterbrush) and Perfect Pearls. I used Perfect Pearls on their league bowling shirts to give them the shininess of satin. I also used Perfect Pearls on their bowling balls, who doesn't like a sparkly ball, and earrings. I decided to trim the card to tighten up the scene (and for a 'small card challenge'). The sentiment is stamped with black archival ink as a stark contrast.


Inside the card, I added 3 of the pin stamp for a fun detail when the card is opened. 





Challenges

Art Impressions: One Layer Ladies
Try It on Tuesday: Little Things Mean A Lot
Crafty Cardmakers: Add a Sentiment
The East Wind: Celebrate the Women
Paperbabe: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Polkadoodle: Anything Goes
Scrapper's Delights: Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Its a wonderful fun image, thank you for sharing your great card with us at TioT's. this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable images - so fun! and wonderful coloring. Your picture tutorial is great too! Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fun card

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and delightful card with a wonderful image. The humorous sentiment(s) add a fabulous finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Add a Sentiment' challenge. Happy Crafting!
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. So cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your fun card with us at TioT this time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun card. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles crafting week 18/19. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card, Rijacki. I love that you gave them satin shirts. Thanks for sharing your card at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for being late commenting but have been on a week's holiday interstate. Love your fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart Challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, so much fun! Thx for sharing with us at The East Wind❤️
    Leigh - The East Wind DT
    LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.