14 May 2017

Bunny


Sleepy bunny plushie, a study in pink and light green. A digi stamp from All Dressed Up coloured with Distress ink and paired with pink and green diamonds.


Supplies



Putting It Together

Sometimes you need a trigger to put a design together. For this project, the trigger was the ribbon I bought yesterday at the Stampadoodle anniversary sale. The pink ribbon with lime green diamonds reminded me of some paper I bought a few months ago, also pink and lime green with diamonds. I thought of the cute bunny from All Dressed Up Stamps and.. ta-da! The idea blossomed. It did mean I had to buy the ribbon 'cause all these steps of mental design were in the store *laugh*


I was originally thinking to make the rabbit pink and white, but..


But lime green really does bring out the plushy aspect. 


Instead I decided to make the flower white with just a hint of pink. 


I used a stitched circle die to cut out the bunny. I also added a bit of black Enamel Accents to the nose. I also added a few touches of white gel pen 'stitching' to the bunny 


I decided the background panel needed something, so I used a stitched rectangle to cut out the background and dry fit it with the ribbon. I actually got a bow to look decent :)


I decided the background needed a bit of matting so found a soft pink in my stash.


The pink matting needed a bit of something so I used Wink of Stella to add a little sparkle. The glitter papers in my stash were a bit too glittery. The Wink is more subtle.


I used Worn Lipstick on the edges of the matting for a very subtle finishing touch.


I used foam mounting tape to pop up the bunny round and used a glue dot to adhere the bow.


For the inside of the card, I looked through my sentiments using Evernote and discovered I have nothing "baby" *laugh*. The couple sentiments I have with "sleep" and "dream" weren't exactly what I wanted either. But, then I spotted this sentiment and it fit so well. I stamped it with pink and added the scrap from the background as a frame. 




Challenges

Marker, Papers, Digi: Bunnies Rule
More Mixed Media: Pink
Tuesday Throwdown: Doodles
Scibbles Designs: Shades of Spring
Crafting Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Paperbabe: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Simple and elegant! Great colouring! Thank you for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door! Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge and good luck!
    Regards,
    Sunila & Aditi,
    Dots to Lines- DT TTCRD
    www.dotstolinesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bunny, beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love how you colored the bunny, love the design and colors! Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs!
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.