04 May 2017

Spirit of Magic


An untamable spirit is one of magic and wonder!

Supplies



Putting It Together

I've had this stamp in my stash for a while, wanting to use her, today is her day.


When I decided to make my fairy in blues, I stamped her with blue ink so the stamping lines would blend into the colouring. 


I first put down a layer of the lightest blue, Tumbled Glass, over her skin, wings, and hair. Then I used Caucasian skin-ish colours, Victorian Velvet for shadows and Tattered Rose over all, to have a blue-ish skin. It always looks a bit odd with just the skin colour painted.


I wasn't originally intending to make her outfit in blues but,, she was watching me and seemed to be pleased when I stayed in the blue palette. *laugh* I used Perfect Pearls on her skirt for a bit of sheer sparkle and on the mirror to give it a metallic look. I used Wink of Stella on her wings for a glittery sparkle.


In my stash of Recollections value cardstock, I found a blue perfect for framing. I take notes on what colours I use as I use them so I can add them to the post and know, too, for a future project. Every so often, I still end up missing one or two things on my list. I also used Enamel Accents in Caribbean Coast to add accents on the mirror and the tips of her antennas.  I also used Nuvo Glitter drops, Phantom Silver (a Scrapbooking Made Simple limited release exclusive), to glitter up her pendant and arm band.


I used two dies from Spellbinders to create the framed portrait. Later, I added a single Aqua Marine rhinestone to the lobe of her ear as an earring. 


A couple weeks ago I had embossed a panel of white gold metallic with the Stampin' Up Petal Burst embossing folder. It didn't work with the project I was making then, so I set it aside for another day. This was that other day. I tried the framed portait on the embossed panel and loved how they looked together.


In my stash, I have a bit of ribbon and this one begged to be a part of this project.


Next to the party was the perfect sentiment. This one is from Impression Obsession. I stamped with VersaMark and then used Perfect Pearls, Jubilee Blue, to "emboss" the sentiment. Brush on the powder, brush off the excess, no heat, and has a lovely sheen.  I decided to keep the sentiment tone on tone to match the portrait. I used an edge punch to add a lacy finish to the sentiment panel.


I decided to give the background panel a bit of blue, too. Using a blending tool, I added Tumbled Glass to just the raised areas of the embossed panel. 



Before finishing the outside, I added a matching detail to the inside of the card. Using a small flying fairy from the Hero Arts August kit, I stamped in VersaMark and then "embossed" with Jubilee Blue Perfect Pearls. I left the rest of the inside blank for a personal message. 

And this is where my camera decided not to take a picture but tell me it did. I had taken a picture of the panel with everything glued on before it got added to the card base, as I normally do, but, looking through the pictures this morning, it was missing *sigh*, I adhered the sentiment directly to the embossed panel with the ribbon circling the panel. The framed portrait was added with foam mounting tape for dimension. I then added four flowers with brass beads from Prima Marketing. 




Challenges

Creative Craft Cottage: Fantasy/Fairies
Pearly Sparkles: Things with Wings
Crafter's Cafe: Feminine
Kaisercraft: KaiserBingo (F: flowers, frame, fairy; B: blue; P: Perfect Pearls; D: Distress Ink, M: mirror - couldn't choose just three *laugh*)
Emerald Creek: Dream a Little Dream
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
The Crafty Addicts: Use Die Cuts
Dies R Us: Flowers
The Paper Shelter: Flowers
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Polkadoodles: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. I love the stamping in blue for a no outline effect! Good luck and we hope to see you again at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the saying, the colouring and the design of your card, Rijacki!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Rijacki, a beautiful stamp and wonderful colour palette. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. me again......also Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great process and lovely hues. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so awesome, love the sentiment and such a cool technique you have shown us. Thanks so much for playing in our Flowers challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this turned out beautiful! Blue was the perfect choice for her! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is such a cool card. Love the embossing and flowers. Thanks for playing at The Paper Shelter and good luck. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member The Paper Shelter xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.