30 May 2017

Dreams


A dream of many a little girl (myself included) is to be a beautiful ballerina twirling on stage, receiving accolades and roses. Dreams are wonderful things to have even if they shift and change and we grow. Dreams give us the inspiration to follow our hearts and believe in ourselves. So, even if literally becoming a ballerina doesn't end up as the eventual outcome, the dream of it is the confidence to believe to twirl to the music and follow our hearts.



Supplies



Putting It Together

Sometimes I have a very solid idea of what I want to do in a project, sometimes I have just a loose idea, and then there are the times when I let the project just carry me away. This time was the last. I started with just the desire to do an All Dressed Up image with the May challenge theme "A World in Bloom" in mind. I looked through the images in my stash and really wanted to do the ballerina, momentarily forgetting the theme *laugh*


I decided to do purples for the ballerina. I've been doing so many things outside of my personal fav colours so I decided to let the purple out for this one. I coloured her using Distress ink and waterbrush with a little bit of Perfect Pearls on her skirt and hair band for a subtle sparkle.


I fussy cut the image. I ended up trimmer her a bit closer later as I was working on the project.


I embossed a Core'dinations soft purple panel that was trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4", one-quarter inch less than an A2.


This Core'dinations cardstock is a colour-core so I used a nail buffer to sand off a bit of the embossing and bring out the pattern with a lighter purple. I chose roses since that's what ballerina's receive after a wonderful performance.


I dry fit some elements together: the ballerina, the embossed panel, some paper flowers, and a panel of purple foiled cardstock as matting.


I decided to distress the edges of the embossed panel. I got this Tim Holtz tool a while ago but this is the first time I'm using it. I kinda sorta lost it in the place I was storing it. I found it again and moved it to a far more accessible storage location *laugh*.


I rather like how the soft distressing looks with the foiled matting. The foiling looks so dark in the the picture but it really is purple foiling. 


I put the card together using foam mounting tape for the ballerina and mini Glue Dots for the flowers. I also added a rhinestone to her hair ribbon and some to the bottom of the card. This is me being non-CAS *laugh*


Inside I stamped a sentiment that I absolutely love. It's from a Graduation set but is so perfect for so many different types of aspirational cards. I added the ballet slippers to tie in to the front. I stamped both in purple to tie to the front, too.




Challenges

All Dressed Up Facebook challenge: A World in Bloom
Emerald Creek: Dream a Little Dream
All Dressed Up blog challenge: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroon Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Polkadoodle: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. So pretty your colour is beautiful Thanks for playing all Dressed Up Stamps Challenge Love and hugs Carole x Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no where near graceful enough to be a ballerina. Chewing gum and walking is challenging enough for me LOL! I love this beautiful and sweet card! The purple is so pretty!!! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining us at Polkadoodles this time.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! The embossing is fab and the greeting inside goes perfectly. Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps, Liz (:(|)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.