27 May 2017

Forest Bunny


A bunny in a forest glade is featured on this card with Impression Obsession dies and stamps.



Supplies



Putting It Together

Yet another bunny card for May. I started on this one before Shopper but set it aside for looming deadlines on other challenges. The current Impression Obsession challenge is Animal Friends and I have just one animal stamp or die that's Impression Obsession, so.... bunny card. 

My inspiration on this card is looking into a glad from the shadows of a forest and seeing a little bunny in the sunshine.


My Garden Bunny stamp is wood mounted but I still use the Misti to position it. 


I stamped in light brown to do a "no lines" colouring. I dry fit the oval I would be using to crop the image and traced around the outside of it with a pencil to give me an idea of where the coloring could be stopped.


I used Distress ink with waterbrushes to colour the bunny and the glade.


I used the oval to cut out the bunny.


Using Versamark, I stamped the Pine Cover-a-Card background stamp on dark green cardstock. This creates a lovely dark watermark


I dry fit the rabbit oval and was pleased but had to leave the project for a couple days because it got too late that night and I had other deadlines to catch-up the next two nights.


I die cut several Pine Pairs from the same dark green cardstock and arranged them around oval to dry fit my idea.


Liking the way it looked, I used Multi-medium Matte to adhere the fronds to the edges of the oval.


I took a break from the card front to lay out the inside, a mixture of stamp and die cut pine fronds.


For the front, I added a  natural cotton ribbon and a curry embossed "hello" on a flag of the same dark green cardstock. The ribbon breaks the back from the front a bit and lets the oval stand out. Using the same green for the background of the "hello" is a subtle flag.


For Sunshine, I used 2 colours of Simon Says Stamp ink. I first inked the stamp fully with yellow Duckling and stamped it. Then I splotchily inked the stamp with Coral Reef and stamped over the yellow. I love the not quite ombre 2-colour effect. I did this on a whim and will definitely try it again. I used Slate for the rest of the sentiment for a softer look than a stark black. I am really happy with this card inside.




Challenges

Impression Obsession: Animal Friends
Markers! Papers! Digis! Facebook group: Bunnies Rule
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Little Critters
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Furry Friends
The Crafty Addicts: Use Die Cuts

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and your colouring is stunning...it's really beautiful and I love that bunny image, so cute! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely MAGICAL!! Love how you used the bunny image and transformed it into a beautiful card!So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Furry Friends” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.