27 May 2017

Forest Bunny


A bunny in a forest glade is featured on this card with Impression Obsession dies and stamps.



Supplies



Putting It Together

Yet another bunny card for May. I started on this one before Shopper but set it aside for looming deadlines on other challenges. The current Impression Obsession challenge is Animal Friends and I have just one animal stamp or die that's Impression Obsession, so.... bunny card. 

My inspiration on this card is looking into a glad from the shadows of a forest and seeing a little bunny in the sunshine.


My Garden Bunny stamp is wood mounted but I still use the Misti to position it. 


I stamped in light brown to do a "no lines" colouring. I dry fit the oval I would be using to crop the image and traced around the outside of it with a pencil to give me an idea of where the coloring could be stopped.


I used Distress ink with waterbrushes to colour the bunny and the glade.


I used the oval to cut out the bunny.


Using Versamark, I stamped the Pine Cover-a-Card background stamp on dark green cardstock. This creates a lovely dark watermark


I dry fit the rabbit oval and was pleased but had to leave the project for a couple days because it got too late that night and I had other deadlines to catch-up the next two nights.


I die cut several Pine Pairs from the same dark green cardstock and arranged them around oval to dry fit my idea.


Liking the way it looked, I used Multi-medium Matte to adhere the fronds to the edges of the oval.


I took a break from the card front to lay out the inside, a mixture of stamp and die cut pine fronds.


For the front, I added a  natural cotton ribbon and a curry embossed "hello" on a flag of the same dark green cardstock. The ribbon breaks the back from the front a bit and lets the oval stand out. Using the same green for the background of the "hello" is a subtle flag.


For Sunshine, I used 2 colours of Simon Says Stamp ink. I first inked the stamp fully with yellow Duckling and stamped it. Then I splotchily inked the stamp with Coral Reef and stamped over the yellow. I love the not quite ombre 2-colour effect. I did this on a whim and will definitely try it again. I used Slate for the rest of the sentiment for a softer look than a stark black. I am really happy with this card inside.




Challenges

Impression Obsession: Animal Friends
Markers! Papers! Digis! Facebook group: Bunnies Rule
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Little Critters
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Furry Friends
The Crafty Addicts: Use Die Cuts

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and your colouring is stunning...it's really beautiful and I love that bunny image, so cute! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely MAGICAL!! Love how you used the bunny image and transformed it into a beautiful card!So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Furry Friends” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.