04 March 2021

Coffee on the Green - colour pencil, stencilling

 


For a bit of March green, I decided to make warm coffee card using a lovely stamp set and stencil from Sweet Sentiment, Drink Coffee and Woodland Mandala. I coloured the image using Prismacolour pencils and used Bundled Sage Distress ink for the stencil. 


Inside, I used one of the cheeky sentiments for a laugh along with some soft stencilling at the bottom, a bit softer than intended 'cause the stencil decided not to stay put. The soft stencilling adds a light detail that doesn't detract from an added handwritten sentiment. 

I used only a handful of pencils on Strathmore Coloured Pencil paper. The ruffles and folds are fun and I always like doing hair with pencils. I love colouring red-heads *laugh*


The other day I realised I haven't been using my Distress inks much lately, as in the past couple years lately, as I have been using other media more. I used a soft makeup brush to apply the ink over another panel of the coloured pencil paper using Press and Seal to hold the stencil and paper in place. 


I like a top fold 'cause it stands up so nicely. I added a trio of Kaisercraft rhinestones (I have oodles I've picked up from other people destashing) along with the sentiment and put everything on a cardbase of retired Stampin' Up paper.

Challenges

Outlawz Monday Greetings: Make it Feminine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.