10 March 2021

Sunshine Smile - stencilling with glitter and gilding flake, alcohol marker, embossing

 


Glittery, gilded sunbeams illuminate my thoughts of you. My card features a stencilled background using loose glitter and gilding flake, Copic marker colouring on the image, and an embossed die-cut sentiment. The stamp set, stencils, inks, and enamel dots are from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, the die and sequins from Simon Says Stamp, the glitter and gilding flake from Nuvo - Tonic Studios, and the embossing powder on the die-cut from Emerald Creek. 


I used Totally Taupe ink from Kraftin' Kimmie to stamp Summer Aviva on Copic card. After I stamped the first, I noticed a small blue spec on the dress, transferred from something else on my desk, so I restamped. I decided on a purple gown just because I like purple. I wasn't entirely happy with the flowers so later added tiny flower sequins for a fabulous dimension and glimmer. The flower sequins are actually white when on their own but look pink around the purple.


I used double-sided adhesive sheet on a cardstock panel with the Summer Sunbeams stencil then applied loose glitter, Desert Sunset, and gilding flakes, Radiant Gold. I love the texture difference with this, though the sparkle in the glitter is real hard to see in the pictures. It's super amazingly sparkly. 


Inside, I stamped the sentiment and added a small stencil detail from Pattern Parade using Whimsical Wysteria. The cardbase is Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise. 


For the sentiment on the front, I used a Thinking of You die from Simon Says Stamp, stacked it with a white and black cut then embossed it with several layers of the Fairy Wings kit and a final layer of Iridescent Shimmer from Emerald Creek. The die-cut looks like porcelain with a subtle sparkle. Since I knew I would lose the dots for the i's, I used Kimmie dots and added three more to the bottom along with a single as a broach for Aviva. 



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Glitter!
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Gold
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine



2 comments:

  1. Love how you used the sunburst stencil...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, Rijacki! Your little lady is so cute and the stencil background really ensures she takes centre stage! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.