01 September 2020

Goth Girl - Sheepski Designs, watercolour pencil

 

Steampunk goth! Goth Girl is standing proud on a slimline card with layers for this month's inspiration for the blog challenge at Sheepski Designs blog. The challenge for September is layers!

SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group


Putting It Together

The Derwent pencils I used in this project were a gift from my father-in-law buying off the wishlist my sweetie and I have on Amazon. They're lovely.

I used the Cricut Print and Cut feature to send the image to my printer to print on watercolour paper. I coloured the image with the aforementioned watercolour pencils and added accents with Gelly Roll metallics. 

I had to darken in the reference frame with a black marker, but then my Maker cut out the image without any problems. I did have to run it on 2 passes which made me a tad nervous of the paper shifting. (I already need to clean my mat to make it stickier.)

After weeding the image (it even cut between her boots!), I went looking in my paper stash for gothy papers I know I have. And then I saw this fabulous steampunk paper. Yummy.


I added a copper foiled paper for a mat along with copper foiled vellum for a layer accent behind the girl which I popped up with foam mounting tape. 

Inside, I added a kraft panel for an easy place to add a personal note and a sliver of the copper foiled cardstock. I used A microdots sheet to make the strip sticky. Super easy peasy with no mess.


Supplies


Challenges




1 comment:

  1. Very cool card Rijacki and sounds like a great present! Loving the Steampunk background as well :)
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.