15 March 2020

You - oxides on photo paper


My card today features Simon Says Stamp inks, die, and stamps with a background stamp done with Versamark and Distress Oxide sprays on photo paper.


Putting It Together

I love this technique. It's messy but amazing. 



It's really simple actually. Stamp the background image on photo paper with a clear ink like Versamark.


Spray the photo paper with Distress Oxides.


Then wipe the paper with a wet wipe. It wipes off the 'chalky' aspect of the ink revealing amazing colours. The clear ink works as a resist, kindof, without any embossing.


I trimmed the panel, die-cut you from a glittery cardstock, stamped the sentiment on a strip of white and added them to a white card base. I didn't want to do too much to take away from the amazing background.


Inside, I stamped the 'you' in green to carry the colours into the sentiment and added a thin strip of the scrap from the front.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: A Bit O' Green
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Use Some Green
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Green Reigns
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.