20 March 2020

Spaceman - perfect pearls, watercolour pencils, birthday, child to adult story


A little story in a card starting with a child playing at being an astronaut with his toys and a string of stars. Let your dreams take flight!


Inside, a grown-up astronaut planting a flag on a newly explored location with a birthday wish.

My story card features stamps, inks, and a stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps along with Nuvo watercolour pencils and a die from Sizzix.


Putting It Together

I think in stories a lot of times when I am putting something together. Sometimes I let that story develop the project. This time it took me on a journey that brought together 5 different stamp sets and a stencil. 



I started this project wanting to make something with the long-retired Astronaut Andy. He's a young child in a onesie with a helmet and space toys. I thought of the string of stars from the Baby Love kit and how that could look like decorations in his room. The idea blossomed with the addition of a sentiment from Sky's the Limit.


I stamped my junior spaceman on watercolour cardstock with Bubbly Blue and embossed the string of stars with silver.


I coloured the junior spaceman with Nuvo watercolour pencils, added highlights of Posca white paint pen and silver gel pen, and filled in the open stars with gold Aqua Shimmer. I coloured the older spaceman with the same pencil colours and added gold glitter marker.


For the background on the card front, I squished the clear ink through the stencil on to a black cardbase held in place with Press and Seal.


I used Perfect Pearls, perfect pearl, to brush over the sticky clear ink.


To fix the powder, I simply spritzed water into the air then wafted the card through the mist.


I added the junior spaceman to the card with foam mounting tape.


Inside, used Perfect Pearls for the sentiment which looks stunning on black and die-cut "atomic" shapes from pearl cardstock. I added the older astronaut to finish story from the junior spaceman on the front. The white panels also give a place to write a personal message.



Supplies

blah

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Stencil Fun
Seize the Birthday: Anything Birthday: optional touch of green
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Outlawz Saturday Paper ala Mode: Reach for the Stars


2 comments:

  1. wow i love looking at ALL your creations! such talent:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kate. Love how you did that star background and great colouring of your astronaut. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.