27 March 2020

Smarty Pants - coloured pencil, mica sprays


My card today features a cutie from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps coloured with Tombow pencils on a background with Nuvo Mica Mists.

Putting It Together

Kraftin' Kimmie hosts online "Shop the Box" events from time to time where she offers crafty supplies other than her own branded items (stamps, inks, stencils, and enamel dots). The Shop the Box are items she orders from her distributor (and arrive in a box to her home) that she can pass on to those who might have trouble getting them from a local source. Plus, it's a fun online event with her showing us products and us scrambling to claim the chance to buy them. Well... long story short, in the most recent Shop the Box she had some more Nuvo Mica Mists and called me out as being able to give more info on them 'cause I use them. I blushed and realised I hadn't used them for a while... oops. So I decided this was a good project for them. 


I used two cardboard 'shields' around the glass mat I'm borrowing from a friend and sprayed three of the mists on a panel. I wanted an abstract light background with splotches of colour. The glass mat was easily wiped down with water sprayed on a towel.

When using sprays, I sometimes use a box with a piece of parchment paper under the stuff I'm spraying. It's easy to swap out the parchment paper when it gets too much stuff on it to prevent accidental transfers of colour where you don't want them.


Once I had the background, I decided on the stamp to use. I didn't like the splotch on the right, so it's the spot to put the image.


I stamped the image with Totally Taupe on Toned Tan paper and coloured with Tombow coloured pencils then fussy cut her.


I added the trimmed panel and girl to a kraft cardbase using foam mounting tape to pop up the image. I added Crystal Glaze to her glasses as the last step so I could avoid touching them until they dried.


Inside, I stamped one of the sentiments. Mmmmm Pi.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: CAS
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.