22 March 2019

Extinct - watercolour, distressing


Portrait of a cave girl in animal print, a Kraftin Kimmie stamp coloured with Prima Colour a la Creme and paired with Stampin' Up patterned paper. 

Putting It Together

I'm running out of images I've coloured but haven't put into projects!



Last December, as part of a colouring challenge, I coloured up this little cave girl using the Colour a la Creme water soluble oil pastels. I try not to think too hard about oil being water soluble and just admire the creaminess and lovely colours.


I decided to use the girl for this project paired with animal print paper from Stampin' Up. I dry fit an oval die and a sentiment from another Kraftin' Kimmie set with a panel of the spotty paper.


After die cutting the oval, I used a distress tool to rough up all the edges. I also roughed up the edges of the sentiment strip.


I dry fit everything together on a kraft card base to see if it would work. To get the semi-faded two-tone effect for the sentiment, I first stamped with Terrific Taupe and then tapped the sentiment stamp lightly and unevenly with Marvelous Mocha. I think it turned out fabulous.


I adhered everything with tape runner and added a couple dots of Liquid Pearls to the sentiment strip.


Inside, I stamped another sentiment with Wicked Black and added a baby dinosaur with Marvelous Mocha.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Outlawz Paper a la Mode: All About Distressed Edges
Creative With Stamps: Friends
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Cute
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. I love your cute little cave girl! Wonderful colouring with your oil pastels and lovely animal print frame for her. Your sentiments are just fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Kate! The image is super cute and your colouring with oil pastels is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.