22 March 2019

Spring Fling - watercolour marker, embossing resist


One of the things I like about Spring is the explosion of flowers in all their amazing colours. I don't like the pollen so much -- Ahhhh-choo! I used Zig Clean Colour markers and silver embossing with a Newton's Nook stamp to create this ode to Spring.

Putting It Together

I'm loving the new set up I have for my desk and supplies. I feel like it is encouraging my creativity and flow. 


I have all my drops on my desk in 'stadium' of modular paint rack items from Broken Token. I like the look and feel of wood so I was thrilled when the company of a friend started carrying these lovely racks and how my drop stuff fits. This is so much better than the drawer I used to have them in. 



So... on to the stamp I used today. I embossed the image with silver on watercolour paper and then used Zig Clean Color watercolour markers with waterbrushes to colour the flowers. I then, impulsively, used various drops on the flower centers. I really love how this turned out. I videoed while I was painting, if I have time this weekend I'll see if it's good enough to post.

This was my first time using Ken Oliver watercolour paper and I really liked how it performed. Sadly, it's discontinued so when I run out I might not be able to get more.


I trimmed the panel with my new 6" Tonic guillotine trimmer (love love love using that for small trims vs getting my lovely big Tim Holtz/Tonic guillotine, so glad I picked it up on sale last month with the Tonic tool sale) and then used a Fiskars corner punch to finish it.


I stacked the flower panel in a dry fit with a glitzy panel rounded with a decorative corner punch also from Fiskars and a bottom mat of Stampin' Up's sadly retired Tempting Turquoise (I love the colour so much I accidentally bought 2 packs of it on clear-outs *laugh*)


I adhered the stack together and added it to a white card base. I hadn't the heart to cover up any of the pretty with a sentiment strip.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment and added the flowers with light grey for a finishing detail.



Supplies


Challenges

Inky Paws: Think Spring
Try It on Tuesday: Say It With Flowers
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Spring Flowers
Creative Craft Cottage: Spring Fever
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful, vivid colours - I love colour! You've done an amazing job with this and carrying on the design inside is wonderful. The grey works so well.
    Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful creation ! Thank you very much for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday! Happy weekend! Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those beautiful and colorful flowers! Can't wait until I get to plant some in my garden! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous floral piece, thank you for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really an explosion of blooms! It is so pretty. It makes this early spring "wintery" in my world a little more bearable. Thanks for sharing this with at at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.