02 February 2019

Ginger - gel pen, CAS


A sweet CAS card for Christmas featuring Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Gelly Roll pens, a bit of embossing, and a bit of brushing on the edges.


Putting It Together

I'm trying to stick to my resolution to make at least one Christmas card every month so I don't feel like I need to make too many at once in the Autumn.



I stamped the image on kraft cardstock with Marvelous Mocha and coloured her with Gelly Roll pens.


Then fussy cutting with a small margin


I dry fit her with some canycane ribbon and sentiment. I decided I wanted a white background but with a kraft cardbase to match the gingerbread girl.


I used a Nuvo brush to add a touch of red to the background panel by brushing from the outside in on the edges.


With the ribbon tucked to the back of the background panel, I decided to use double-sided tape to adhere it to the card base. To help with positioning, I added snips of the release paper perpendicular to the tape strips.


After putting the panel in place, I pull the release tape out.


I embossed the sentiment with black and added the gingerbread girl over the ribbons with foam mounting tape.


Inside, I added another sentiment and scraps of the ribbon.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Krafty Party: #4 - Your newest KKS Goodies (Gingerbread Kisses)
Crafty Gals Corner: CAS
Outlawz Saturday Paper ala Mode: Girly Girl
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. This is so stunning - thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.