16 October 2018

Thoughts - no heat foiling, vellum, embossing


Thoughts of You Make Me Smile. My card features stamps and die from Impression Obsession and foiling without a laminator.


Putting It Together

I don't have a laminator but really want to do some foiling. There are non-laminator techniques, but I have had limited success with them.



I decided I wanted to try the Flourishes background with foiling and use the Thoughts die with the matching stamps. Initially, I was considering using "You're in my" but changed my mind as I worked on the card.


I used Essential Glue Pad to stamp the flourishes on a panel of white cardstock and let it dry to tacky. I then laid the foil sheet over the panel and ran it through my Big Shot to press the foil into the glue. When I lifted the foil sheets off, the foiling looks distressed.


I stamped a second time, with a different orientation, and repeated with gold foil. Since the panel still had some sticky spots that the foil wouldn't stick to, I cascaded silvery microfine glitter over the panel and rubbed it in. After brushing away the excess, my background panel was sparkly and glimmery. For this project, the distressed foiling is perfect, but I still want a laminator for better foiling.


I decided to use the Outlawz sketch for my layout.


I trimmed the foiled panel and embossed two pearl white strips with a flourishy embossing folder. I die cut Thoughts from a glittered cardstock and twice from the pearl cardstock. I stacked the die cuts and offset the blue glittered Thoughts just slightly to give it a white pearl drop-shadow. I decided to use the same blue glittered cardstock as the background panel.


For the rest of the sentiment, I decided to use white embossing on vellum with the vellum extending under the Thoughts as well. I also decided the card was a bit too cheerful for a "you're in my thoughts" type of sentiment (which is more of a sympathy sentiment). I added a gold diamonds washi to my layout.


I decided to use Prima flowers but the yellow centres were a bit too bright, so I used a Nuvo gold glitter marker to tone them down and add a little sparkle.


The flourished panel is popped up with foam mounting tape and the flowers are adhered with mini Glue Dots. The rest is added flat to the white card base.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment in teal and added a strip of the foiled flourishes from the scrap after trimming.



Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Make It Sparkle
Outlawz Wednesday Sketch: 10-16 Oct
Crafter's Cafe: Feminine
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Stamping Technique
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Feminine" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.