A lovely couple is featured on this easel card as they prepare to take their vows to join their lives together in marriage. A true love story never ends.
Recently a friend of mine was marrying the love of his life so I decided to make them a card, of course.
One of the handy things about digital stamps, you can buy it, download it and print it, all after the shops are closed for the night and without leaving your house. I saw this pair in the All Dressed Up shop and fell instantly in love. I printed them on to light weight watercolour cardstock.
I coloured the images using Distress Ink and waterbrushes. I didn't know what the wedding colours were so I went with blue accents and pink/red roses as traditional colours.
I die cut the two images as ovals. I did it on a whim but loved the look of the overlapping ovals when I dry fit them together. I was initially planning to have the A2 card longwise with the images extending above the top edge.
Since I would be overlapping them, I decided to give the edges a bit more definition by blending on a soft border of Broken China and Mowed Lawn.
Its subtle, but I think it finishes the ovals perfectly.
I embossed a panel of white soft finished cardstock and then brushed the raised surface with platinum ink. I love this embossing folder from Elizabeth Craft Designs, but sadly long retired. The wedding was to be outdoors and a garden in a park. The entwined hearts have the look of a garden trellis.
I dry fit the ovals and background panel, which had to be upright due to the direction of the embossing, and added the Way With Words 'Congratulations', and elegant script word from Elizabeth Craft Designs. The ovals and the ends of the word would extend off the sides of the panel but I think it works well for this project.
I also dry fit some ideas for the front of the easel base using a die and pearls from Stampin' Up, a sentiment from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, and a ribbon from Micheals. Whew. I also decided to use a matting cardstock from Stampin' Up, using one of the current In Colours, Dapper Denim.
I die cut the rose from white soft finish cardstock then used the blender to add on the colours. I stamped the sentiment fist in Aegean Blue then platinum to give depth to the metallic ink. I placed pearls along the ribbon to help the easel stand and stay in place.
To give the oval dimension, I used foam mounting tape to attach them to the embossed panel. For the overlap, I used adhesive tape. While placing the ovals, I clipped the release paper into small pieces and put it on the adhesive perpendicular sticking out. This allows a bit of mobility while placing but also easy to remove.
The ovals are placed over the embossing which is adhered directly to the Dapper Denim matte. I used that same paper for the Congratulations which I die cut twice and stacked so it wouldn't be too fragile extending over the sides.
Closed, the card looks somewhat conventional, just extending off the sides. But when opened in the easel, the rest of the design adds so much more.
As a final personal touch, I created an envelope to fit the card. I decorated it with a Spellbinders die cut.
All Dressed Up: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Showers or Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown: Embossing
Crafty Cardmakers: Pearls or Gems
Love to Scrap: Girlz Rules
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes