09 April 2017

Rainbow Birthday


A birthday exploding with a rainbow of colours, what could be better? This card features a vellum base and lots of sparkle and shine. It's Simon Says Stamp's anniversary, so blow out the candles and wish them a happy birthday!

Supplies


Putting It Together

The inspiration for this card is the Wednesday challenge blog for Simon Says Stamp celebrating their 8th anniversary. For my birthday a couple months ago, I got a free stamp set from SSS, Magical Birthday. I decided to use that for this challenge. The cloud burst gave me the beginning of the idea. I decided to add in vellum with swirls like clouds as the base for the card. 


I die cut a pale blue stitched rectangle, actually four of them, and used the wonderful swirl die on the heavy vellum I had shaped into a card base. Sending the vellum through folded, the card front has a much more pierced surface with the inside a bit more like embossed. I dry fit the stamps to set the layout.


I stamped the cloud burst and 'birthday' with VersaMark and embossed with silver and gold respectively. I added the rest of the sentiment with High Dive hybrid ink for a tone on tone with the card stock. 


I chose my rainbow from the Perfect Pearls I have. I don't have yellow or orange so combined Distress Ink with pearl to get a similar effect to the other pearly sparkles. 


I painted the stars of the cloud burst in the rainbow hues and added Confetti White to the cloud.


I stamped another of the panels with a cupcake and candle, lightly embossed them with gold, and added a few silver embossed stars as well.


I cut four of the light blue panels so I could cover the adhesive on each side. 


After adding in the first panel, each additional panel is added by laying it over the translucent vellum in the same position of the previous panel seen through the vellum.

All four panels in place obscure the adhesive and give a nice finished look.



Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Happy Birthday!
Sieze the Birthday: Vellum
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Make a Rainbow
The Crafty Addicts: Add a Sentiment
Creative Craft Cottage: Dies
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles: Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! The rainbow is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a stunning card. I love the way you made this one. I love different types of cards and am always looking for those. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Through The Craft Room Door ATG challenge this week and I sure hope you come back next week as well.
    Linda DT TTCRD
    ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAs card so pretty. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful... I love the use of vellum. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS card Rijacki! It's so sweet and the embossing looks wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us for our special 8th Birthday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.