04 April 2017

Blue Wishes


A lovely wish with a pretty background of layered pansies created with a background stamp and embossing resist with Gelatos.

Supplies


Putting It Together

A few weeks ago I was the winner on an Impression Obsession challenge. For that win, I got a $25 gift certificate to get some wonderful goodies from their online shop. One of the items I got is the Cover-a-Card Layered Pansies. So, this is the stamp I decided to use as the main focus of my project today.


I used the Misti to stamp the lovely large background stamp. Since the stamp is bigger than the A2 (4.25" x 5.5") panel, I put removable adhesive on the back of the panel and positioned it on the stamp before closing the Misti to place the panel on the 'paper' side. Exactly opposite what I normally do to place stamps in the Misti *laugh*


I stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Pearl powder. This gave me a lovely lightly pearled white on white look which I might use like this in a future project. But not this time :)


I used a wet wipe with Gelatos to add colour to the panel. The embossing acted like a resist. I used all four blues from the blue set and two greens from the green set. This is the first full project I've done using the Gelatos and I am loving them. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs soft finish cardstock for the panel because it's what I had handily already trimmed to the size I wanted. I'm so glad I did, though, since the slightly pebbly finish of the card stock was perfect for this. The colour went heavier into the recesses with just a light brush on the top. This gives the whole panel a slightly pearly look.


The panel with just the colours and embossing is so lovely I didn't want to cover it up.


I decided to use vellum for the sentiment. I embossed the 'Wishes' with a lovely powder from Emerald Creek. I stamped the 'Sending' with midnight blue Stazon. I was going to put 'Birthday' from the same set but.. umm.. it fell on my floor and promptly disappeared *sniffle*. I couldn't find it last night. Oh, and I still have the "Wishes" die on my wishlist. I love the stamp set but still want the matching die, too. 


I anchored the vellum on the backside of the panel and adhered the panel to a card base. I left the inside blank for a personal message. It's a simple card but with a lot of  pizazz. I loved making this card and will definitely do more with the lovely Layered Pansies. I'm so glad I got it. I am also so thankful I won the gift card so I could get it :)



Challenges

Impression Obsession: (Not So) Moody Blues
Simon Says Stamp Wedneday challenge: Anything Goes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.