13 March 2020

Winter Tag - watercolour marker, stencilling


My project today is a winter tag with a wish for the fun of the season featuring Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, ink, and stencil with Nuvo watercolour marker and a Sizzix die.


Putting It Together

In my mail yesterday was a package from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Most of the package is for the Krafty Klub with a new stamp set being released this week (and that I'll have a post for on Friday's sneak peek) but I also got a set that was on sale last week, Cold Noses. I decided to use it for the tag challenge this week 'cause it's just so cute!


I die cut a dotted tag from Arches watercolour cardstock and did a partial stamping of the little girl in the set. I wanted to have her off the edge but that meant losing her adorable kitty but not her supercute kitty hat. I stamped her with Totally Taupe than coloured her with Nuvo AquaFlow watercolour makers adding in gel pen for her skates and Posca paint pen highlights.


I used the Sparkling Snowflakes stencil with Salty Sea intending to add some icy snowflakes.


But... I didn't clean my stencil the last time I used it and there was still movable ink on it. Last time I used it was with a gel plate, hand sanitizer, and pink Kimmie inks. Usually, the hybrid ink dries permanent on the stencil but the hand sanitizer does interact with the ink differently. Oops. But.. it still turned out cute, thankfully. The light bluish-green mixed with the pinks to make a light purple.


To add to the chill, I used AquaShimmer to add a little sparkle. I usually use a mask when stencilling on a panel with a coloured image, but I was only adding colour to the snowflakes not near the girl.


To finish the tag, I added fibers in lavender and blue along with a sentiment in Sparkling Sapphire. For a quicky, I think she makes an adorable bookmark/tag. I still need to seal the watercolour, but I can use Distress MicroGlaze for that (I just ran out of krafty time last night).


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Tag, You're It
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.