07 March 2020

Warm Thoughts - stencilling, flocking


Fuzzy flocking with a stencil called Sweater Weather makes a great background for a sentiment expressing warm thoughts. Stencils and stamp set are from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

Putting It Together

I often spend some of Friday snuggling with my sweetie and watching a movie or TV programme on one of the streaming services we have. Even though I will usually stay up later on Friday (and sleep in on Saturday), the snuggling time gives me less crafty time. So, I wanted to make a "quickie" using things I had already made.



I went to my 'background box' to find items I had made when experimenting with colours or mediums when I didn't have a specific project in mind. The flocked Sweater Weather reminded me of a "warm thoughts" sentiment. Stencilled holly on pearl cardstock with Pebeo iridescent paints would amp up the Christmas-y feel.

If you want to see how I made the flocked background with a stencil and loose flocking, check out my post from last October: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/10/flocking-with-stencil.html.


I trimmed the holly to a strip and played with an idea for a layout. to make sure the sentiment would fit.


I decided to 'save' some of the flocked background so adhered the holly strip to just the edge. I used double-sided tape because it holds better on uneven surfaces than a tape runner.


After adding the holly strip, I trimmed the panel to fit on an A2 card face, 5 1/4" x 4" and decided to add the sentiment with a tag. I looked through my stash (using Evernote) and thought this retired die would work perfectly.


For the holly berries, I used an embossing stylus tool with a large ball. I put a dollop of Liquid Pearls on a bit of scrap then dipped the ball stylus into the dollop to make nearly perfect drops on the berries. This method works with all sorts of drops and paints to make quick and easy dots.  (It still doesn't prevent me from accidentally dragging my finger from the top dot. I should have put it far far away from me while it dried.)


 I embossed the sentiment on a diagonal on the tag then tilted the tag to have the sentiment be straight. I popped the tag up with foam mounting tape after adding a tinsel ribbon. I used an ivory/cream cardstock for the tag and the cardbase for a warmer look than white.


Inside, I stamped another sentiment and an image from the stamp set.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Christmas: Focus on the Sentiment
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Tag It
Dies R Us: Tag, You're It

4 comments:

  1. Great job ... love your design! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on making the holly berries. I had to smile at putting your projet far away from you while it dried. I have ruined more projects that way. Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative 'tag' card AND very pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I like your tip for the berries. I wouldn't have known that you hadn't created everything especially for this card as it all works together perfectly. Thank you for joining in the Santa Claus Challenge at CHNC. Apologies for the late comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.