21 March 2020

Christmas Deer - embossing, Distress marker spritz


My card today is a Spellbinders reindeer on a background of Distress marker spritzed over embossed sentiments from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


Putting It Together

The Kraftin' Kimmie Christmas challenge is helping with my stash of Christmasing. I kept this one pretty simple. 



I used two of the Christmas Seals to cover the background with gold and silver embossing. To position the ink sticky stamps after the first, I used plastic packaging. Slide the plastic over the card, place the stamp, pick it up on the MISTI, take the plastic away, ink the stamp, then stamp. No muss and very little fuss.


After I embossed the seals, I spritzed the background with Candied Apple and Lucky Clover Distress marker.


I used a dry cloth to wipe the embossing and smear the damp Distress ink.


I'm pleased with how the background turned out.


I trimmed the panel to add to a white top fold card base. I die-cut the reindeer from black glitzy cardstock and plain black cardstock to stack and give it a slight dimension.


Inside, I stamped another seal as a sentiment and softly stencilled the new confetti stencil with Ruby Red and Emerald Envy for a bit more effectiveness.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Christmas: Circles
Fab 'n' Funky: Christmas
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Through he Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and so elegant looking. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Fab'n'Funky challenge. Neva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I saw this over on The Outlawz and had to come read about it! I love this background idea; very creative and makes the silhouette pop! Thanks for sharing this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background. I have one of those Distress Spritzers and really need to get it out and have a play with it while we are in lockdown for at least 4 weeks. Thank you for joining in the Inspired By a Christmas Carol or Song Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.