29 November 2019

Snowflakes - gel plate with stamping


I love winter and I love this stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie. I used Kimmie hybrid inks with a gel plate, stamping the snowflakes on the gel plate before printing, to make the background.


Putting It Together

I'm finally getting back into my craftroom. I had surgery (routine, non-emergency) earlier this month and have been recovering. I'm feeling better and have more mobility now but still can't lift more than 10 lbs until the end of next month. That does constrain what I can do a bit 'cause I can't move some of my storage containers of stuff *laugh*.



For this card, I wanted to try stamping on gel plate. I prepped the stamps by putting them on a mostly unmarred Sizzix cut plate. I don't have a large block, but the cut plate works just fine. I used an A2 panel under the plate to arrange the stamps on the top half. I just had to rotate to stamp again.


I added hand sanitizer to the gel plate and brayered it out. I then dropped on Kimmie ink refills using three reds.


I brayered the colours into the hand sanitizer.


I stamped the snowflakes on to the gel plate and then put a sheet of paper over it, pressing the paper into the plate to print from the plate.


The finished panel had a mottled background with the white snowflakes. I used reds 'cause I saw a flannel pillow when I was deciding on colours and thought it quite lovely.


I used Berry Bliss to stamp the sentiment on white and a die to cut the flag. I trimmed the panel and added everything to a white card base leaving the inside blank.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Monochrome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.