01 December 2019

Ice Queen - Sheepski Designs, coloured pencil, frame


Winter is coming which makes me happy because it's my favourite season. The December blog challenge for Sheepski Designs is Favourite Things so I used the Ice Queen to make a picture. Come join us this month with your Favourite Things creation.

SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group


Putting It Together

As the weather here is getting colder and the nights are getting icy, I'm still recovering from a surgery I had a couple weeks ago so I can't fully enjoy the hints of winter to come. I am able to craft again as long as I don't exceed the limits of my recovery. I can't lift anything over 10 lbs which means some of my craft supplies are unavailable to me for a bit 'cause their storage is close to that.


I printed the image on a sheet of blue-grey Mi Teintes paper and coloured it with Prismacolor pencils using a white Posca paint pen for accents. I used an icy palette of blue, light purple, and light grey for a cool look. I used this same image in a project a couple years ago. It's amazing seeing how I have progressed. I used a completely different medium, surface, and palette for that project: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2017/09/snow-princess.html.



To make a frame, I used an Elizabeth Craft Designs die and Core'dinations glittered cardstock. With the die, I cut the four sides of the frame using nearly all of a 12" x 12" sheet.


I put the frame together then used it to mark where I needed to trim the image. I adhered the image to the back of the frame then covered the back with a trimmed panel of heavy black card stock.


After framing the image, I added Nuvo drops as dimensional accents. I used translucent Jewel Drops on the crown and choker and Glitter Drops on the snowflakes.


Supplies

blah

Challenges

Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Favourite Things
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic Rijacki, I just had a peak of your old one, I think I need to do this as well!
    I love the colours, iciness and framing <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is wonderful!! I love the icy look you've given her with your colour choices and your frame is fantastic!! Winter is my favourite season too - unfortunately I've got a long time to wait!! Enjoy!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful project with us at Penny's.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.