11 November 2019

Get Well Kitty - Through the Craftroom Door, coloured pencil


This week's sponsor for Through the Craftroom Door is Knitty Kitty!


Knitty Kitties started life as quirky hand-knitted cats made by Annabel to sell at craft fairs. As their
popularity grew, Annabel began to design digital images based on her own gang of mischievous pets. The antics of cats Georgez and Berts, along with their long-suffering doggy housemate Holly Poocherson, have inspired digital stamps for you to download, colour, and use for your own projects
at home.

Join the Knitty Kitty Digis group on Facebook for membership freebies and follow knittykittydigis on Instagram for alerts on the next giveaway!

To shop the full range please take a look at the KKD Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Eekers


For my project, I decided to use the Knitty Kitty Cone of Shame because I'm scheduled for a surgery later this week and will be healing kitty myself for a few weeks.

Putting It Together

If my surgery isn't rescheduled again, I'll be out until mid-December. Since it will be nearly the new year when I am mostly back to normal, I decided this would be a good time to take a break and a bit of change as well. This is my last project as a design team member of Through the Craftroom Door. I've enjoyed my tenure on the design team and will miss sharing in their creativity.


I printed the Cone of Shame digi on MiTeintes and coloured it with Prismacolor pencils.


I die cut "get well soon" with an Elizabeth Craft Design die set and used a CC Designs die to trim the image panel and a mat from kraft. I dry fit them on a sheet of Photoplay paper with a kitty theme.


I die cut additional sentiments from kraft to stack with the light olive green.


I used a glue pen to stack the sentiment die cuts and tape runner to adhere the rest to a kraft card base. The muted, neutral colours are good for a male or female that's a hurt kitty friend.


Inside, I added a strip of the patterned paper but otherwise left it empty for a personal message.



Supplies


Challenges

Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Get Well
Incy Wincy: Animals
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Crafty Friends: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Rijacki - sorry to see you go! Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured and a great card.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.