06 November 2019

Wrapping - gel plate stamping, stencilling


Wrapping presents can bring great joy, especially when the scissors seem to shape the paper on their own. I used Cosmic Shimmer paste on a gel plate to print this stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


Putting It Together

I often watch the Scrapbooking Made Simple videos on the weekend to see new products or even a technique used with a product I hadn't thought to try. Last weekend was one of those. I love Cosmic Shimmer pastes and hadn't thought about using them with a gel plate. Ding. Of course!



I used a brayer to cover the gel plate with a thin film of Golden Flamingo.


Using a Sizzix cut plate, I pressed the stamp into the paste. I used a cut plate 'cause I usually use stamp platform and can't find my larger acrylic block (oops). A Sizzix cut plate works perfectly as a large block, you just need one that isn't scarred up from a lot of die-cutting.


I used a black cardstock panel to print the image and golden pink background. In some angles of light, the paste is definitely pink, in others it's a lot more rose gold.


I die cut the image panel and a backing patterned paper using a new Elizabeth Craft Designs die set and then used green Lustre paste on the edges.


I mounted them on a white card base, using foam mounting tape to pop-up the image panel. I added three Kimmie Dots to finish.


Inside, I used a sentiment from Riley & Company with soft stencilling using the Kraftin' Kimmie Holly stencil and stencil brush.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Christmas
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Something starting with H - Happy
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Crafty Friends: Anything Goes
The Sketchy Challenge: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Great technique and a fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrapping a gift is almost as much fun as unwrapping a gift. Especially if you have to believe the cheerful doll on your card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool technique! Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTSCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card 🙂 Thanks for your participating at The Skechy Challenges. Hope you participate in our next challenge. DT Veronique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.