01 November 2019

Autumn Hugs - Distress Oxide spray, stencil, coloured pencil


Autumn days can be rather chilly, so I'm sending big hugs to warm you on a card with a Distress Oxide stencilled leaf, Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, Koh-i-Noor coloured pencil, and a touch of Perfect Pearl shimmer.


Putting It Together

My original idea for this card was a single layer that was not working out in the slightest because I left the Distress Oxide spray get messy in a midnight quicky attempt. But sometimes an idea sticks in my head and I have to put it together another way.



I used watercolour paper as the substrate, anchoring the leaf stencil and covering exposed corners with Purple tape. I lightly sprayed four Distress Oxides holding the bottles further from the paper for misty spray and closer for bigger spray.


After removing the stencil, while some of the spray was still damp, I tapped orange Perfect Pearls over the leaf.


After drying the leaf with my new Tim Holtz heat tool, I brushed away the excess powder and brushed some of it into the background for a subtle orange-y shimmer. I wafted the panel through a mist of water to permanently adhere the Perfect Pearls without altering the leaf.

I'm liking the Tim Holtz heat tool for drying ink and powder on a panel. I'm glad I got it in addition to my embossing heat tool. It's not the first tool I would hand a newbie since a heat tool that embosses can also dry ink and stuff without blowing too much around if you're careful and the Tim Holtz tool really isn't meant for embossing, but it is a great tool to have in the toolbox.


I stamped the huggy bear with Creamy Caramel on yellow MiTeintes and coloured it with Koh-i-Noor pencils.


I trimmed the panel, fussy cut the bear, die-cut and stamped a sentiment tag, and dry fit the card with an orange mat and kraft card base. I was really liking how this was turning out.


After adhering everything and popping up the bear and tag, I added a reddish-orange knobbly textile tie, using mini glue dots to anchor it in spots, and three Kimmie enable dots.


Inside I added another sentiment stamped with Marvelous Mocha and Creamy Caramel for a warmer dark brown and another bear, with a cup of hot chocolate, coloured with the Koh-i-Noor pencils.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie: Tic-Tac-Toe, diagonal (orange, leaf, square) and middle (enamel dots, leaf, shimmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.