13 January 2019

Beary Heart - stenciling with gel plate, watercolouring with ink, shaped card


Love me, love you, loving bear on a heart. I made a shaped card with a scalloped heart die, a newly released stencil, ink, and stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps with an embossed sentiment.

Putting It Together

I like making shaped cards. They're so easy when you have a die to do the cutting.


I stamped one of the bears from the new Beary Love set with the dark brown Marvelous Mocha then used a waterbrush with Terrific Taupe and the new Pretty In Pink to quickly colour the shy bear that I fussy cut.


I actually started this card by playing with the new stencil, a gel plate, and Kimmie inks. The Pretty In Pink combines wonderfully with Ruby Red and Raspberry Rose for an ombre. Making this background was actually really easy. I used a pearl cardstock for this project.


On the gel plate, squish the ink pads in strips for the ombre.


Take a very wet wipe (spray a wet wipe with water for extra wet) and smush it on the stencil openings. It will both pick up some of the ink from the openings as well as watery squish water under the edges a little.


Lift the stencil to show the remaining ink.


Place the cardstock on the ink and smooth it with fingers or a brayer. Then simply lift the paper off the gel plate.


I dry fit the bear and sentiment with a die on the panel to see if it would all fit.


I die cut both the background and a cardbase. For a shaped card, make sure you have the folder edge below a cut edge and that will keep the hinge.


To add an extra shimmer to the edges, I used a Nuvo glitter marker to ink just the edge.


I embossed the sentiment and added the bear. I adhered the background heart over the card base heart then added a heart rhinestone to the heart in the sentiment flourish.


Inside, I stamped another sentiment using the Pretty In Pink for a soft look.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Something New
Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Animal Antics
Simon Says Stamp Work-It_Wednesday: Ho-Ho-Holiday
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. This is delightful! Wonderful technique with such a fantastic finish, and adorable little bear! Your little rhinestone heart finishes it off beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great heart shaped card. Love the use of the stencil.
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.