11 November 2016

Christmas Mouse


A Mouse with a gift of cheese wishes the joy of Christmas is heartwarming.

Challenges

House Mouse and Friends: Christmas
Freshly Made Sketches: Sketch
Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies packed in luggage + trip to Joanns (which has to be packed to go home)

Supplies


Putting It Together

I'm on vacation visiting family and making cards, in the hotel room, when we're not visiting. I only have the supplies I brought with me plus a few things I bought at Joanns after we arrived in our last familial destination.


I decided to use the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge as the layout for the card, just upside down.


I coloured the Mouse with the cheese gift with Distress Ink painting. I dry fit the image with the ribbon I decided to use and a sentiment that both fits the space and the feeling I wanted to convey.

I brought my whole collection of Distress Inks on my trip. They were packed in the checked suitcase, tucked into Ziplock baggies. 

Travel tip for crafting: While a gallon bag will fit a lot more mini pads (nearly the full collection), it's floppy with the minis in it and they're prone to having the tops banged off. Packing them in quart bags (3 for the full collection of minis) makes them more stable when being moved. Mini lids are far less likely to pop off. For the trip, I had to take the minis out of the tins to reduce the weight of my crafting supplies.


I stamped the sentiment in green to match the ribbon on the Mouse's gift.The ribbon's join will be covered by the Mouse which will also hold it in place.


I added Wink of Stella to the bow on the cheese to give it a little sparkle and popped up the image to give it dimension.


I stamped the inside sentiment in green to match the sentiment on the front. 


8 comments:

  1. Super cute Christmas card, Rijacki. Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and good luck in the draw.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Christmas card! I love that sweet little mouse! What pretty ribbon! So perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Rijacki, the image is adorable and I love the CAS design, absolutely fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little mouse and I love how you coloured him! I'm so impressed that you can craft like this on holiday!That ribbon is so cute and festive too.
    Thanks for coming to play at ATSM this time and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Christmas card. Love the simple design and your adorable little
    mouse with his cheese gift!. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and
    friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. House Mouse images are the cutest and this one is no exception! Fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rijacki what a beautiful card you have made.

    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! Love this card! Great to see you at Addicted To Stamps and More. All the very best to you. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.