31 August 2018

Cackle On - watercolour pencil, shaker, shaped card, embossing


Witch Wanda putting on her best frock for a night of frivolity with a shaped shaker background. My card features Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps sets with the image coloured with Stampin' Up watercolour pencil, Movers and Shakers dies to make a shaped shaker, and embossing embellished with Distress Crayon.

Putting It Together

I love Halloween, shaker cards, and happy witches, so I combined them for a fun card. I've been sick all week, so I really did need this spot of fun. 


Earlier in the month I had coloured up the witch from a Kraftin' Kimmie set while at lunch at my day job. I used only the first set of Stampin' Up watercolour pencils (I have the second set on order), so my palette was a little limited.


After deciding I wanted to make her into a shaker, I remembered this clear damask sheet in my stash. I also thought the Vintage Cabinet frame would look great with her. So, I fussy cut the image, die cut the frame from heavy cardstock and dry fit them with a strip of the damask. With her to the side, there would still be enough room to see the shakin'.


I embossed the frame and used Distress Crayon to embellish it. I applied the Antique Bronze crayon directly to the raised embossing.


I then used my finger to rub the crayon over the frame before adding Tarnished Brass just to the top edges.


I did another dry fit with the embellished frame and loved it even more.


To trim the acetate to the right point, I put it on the back of the frame and simply drew on it with a marker before fussy cutting the arch.


I sandwiched the acetate between the paper frame and two die cut framed of black fun foam (the white is release paper on the adhesive on the foam).


I filled the well with a bunch of sequins I got in a card kit. I think they might be from a Kraftin' Kimmie secret kit but not entirely positive.


I added a back of soft orange to close the shaker.


One of the things I love about the Mover and Shapers is the versatility. You can use them together for a frame and then remove the inner part for just the larger background. The base die can also be used with other magnetic dies. The inside magnetic die can also be used alone with the Mover and Shakers shuttle, which I did for the inside.


Steel rule dies can easily cut through two layers of heavy cardstock, so it's easy to make a shaped card with them. I lined up the fold just below the top of the arch and ran it through the Big Shot.


This gives me a top fold shape that's exactly the same as the shaker box I created.


I adhered the shaker box to the cardbase I made.


I adhered the witch to her shaker and added a golden flower from Prima.


Inside, I added a small panel of the same orange die cut with the inner part of the die and stamped a sentiment from another Kraftin' Kimmie set and the black cat silhouette from a new Kraftin' Kimmie set.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes



7 comments:

  1. Such a super fun card, Rijacki! Great, clever design and a shaker is always special!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous shaped sjaker card. Your colouring on Wanda is fabulous. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaker card Rijacki! The design is wonderful and I love all the details.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this is one of the most beautiful Halloween creations I have seen this year! Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at The Outlawz Challenges this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun challenge.
    Happy crafting,
    Angela
    Twisted Thursday DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}

    theoutlawzchallenges.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous make dear. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rijacki this project is absolutely super awesome! And your tutorial is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.