23 August 2018

Fairy Purse - die cuts


Pretty purple treat bag or gift box for a young girl or just someone who loves fairies, my project features a die cut party foil purse using a Spellbinders die and trinket tag using a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp set.

Putting It Together

After I got a Big Shot Plus, I went in search of the bigger dies that would work with it. I love the steel rule dies in the bigger size that make boxes. Sadly, a lot of them are discontinued.



I used the Contour Purse die with purple Cricut holographic party foil that I got on clearance from Joanns. When I opened the package of the party foil and saw that it's a thick vinyl-y plastic, I wanted to see if this die would work with it. The scores from the die weren't as well defined as they are using it on plastic packaging, so I used a bone folder to reinforce the folds.


I used a bit of purple and blue ribbon to make the strap, instead of the one die cut.


The finishes purse box is so sparkly and pretty!


I stamped and die cut two of the trinkets to add to the purse. I used some blue and white baker's twine to sandwich between the trinkets. I stamped one with Mermaid Melody and the other with Purple Pansy.


I added a rose to the front of the flap above the tab that slips in the slit on the purse.





Supplies

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Make It: June/July sets (Fairy Trinkets)
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenges: Tag
Crafty Gals Corner: Ribbon
Art Impressions: Treat Bag
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Rijacki! That paper is awesome!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.