26 June 2018

Wine Too! - watercolour, Perfect Pearls embossing


Cheers to you, let's share a nice summer glass of wine and drink with a joyful heart.

My card features an image from Unity Stamp Co watercoloured with Neocolor II on a stamped background with Perfect Pearls.

Putting It Together

Sometimes I don't really like a card I've just made. It will bug me, even if I can't put my finger on to why. This card came out one such card. But, instead of one card, I made two.


I stamped wine drinking girl from Unity Stamp Co with Fog ink and then watercoloured her with Neocolour II crayons.


Initially, I paired her with another Unity stamp and a wine-y patterned paper, but the layout of this wasn't jelling with me. Partly it was the darkness of the background paper, partly the positioning. Sometimes things shouldn't be shoe-horned together. I took the girl off and finished a card with the sentiment: Wine!


I decided to make a background for the girl that was much lighter. I used a sheet from the Lawn Fawn watercolour pad, stamped it with Versamark using a Just For Fun background stamp, and then brushed on Perfect Pearls.


The Forever Red is a lovely tone on tone with the dark reddish paper from the pad. 


I did a dry layout before adhering the elements. I trimmed the background and put the girl at a tilt. I had originally thought about putting a sentiment or something more but the simplicity of these two together was very appealing to me. I also added some blush pink pearls.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment and added a die cut bottle and wine glass.



Supplies


Challenges

Unity {Show & Tell}: Watercolour
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Drink
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! love Perfect pearls you used for your background! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.