15 February 2018

Happy Birthday to ME! - Big Shot Plus

My birthday was the 12th of February. My sweetie asked me what I wanted and I said a Big Shot Plus. *grin*


It's a behemoth! It will take dies up to 8 1/2" x 11". There are both steel rule and framelet/thinlet dies that take advantage of the larger format to make larger items, many of them related to sewing projects or boxes. Plus it can cut a larger number of smaller dies all at once.
In addition to the items in the starter kit, I also got a Spellbinders Contour die that makes a dandy little box similar to an old-fashioned popcorn box.


After I tore open the plastic packaging on the Spellbinders die, my sweetie dropped by my workshop and I told him how the steel rule die could cut through a variety of materials like plastic and chipboard and.. Then I realised I had a sheet of plastic just the right size for the die, the packaging it came in!

I hadn't been super careful in breaking into the package so had a tear to work around. I had to trim the plastic to roughly 8 1/2" x 11" so it wasn't too hard to position the die to avoid the tear.


All one piece in just one pass. :)


The partial-cut scorelines put in by the die make it easy to fold the sides and bottom.


A single strip of adhesive on the tab for one side with the bottom interlocking and it was all done.


It makes a great holder for my brushes. My other cups were over-full so this is just perfect.

Supplies

2 comments:

  1. Wow fab present Rijacki
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday............late, but that's okay. What a nice gift from your sweetie. I know you'll have a lot of fun with it. I would have torn into it also trying to get it open. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.