An old fashioned automobile graces this single layer card featuring emboss resist, Distress Oxide, Distress ink, stenciling, and stamping with Tim Holtz, Craftin' Desert Divas, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, and Unity Stamps on Elizabeth Craft Designs soft finish cardstock.
These are not affiliate links just the products I use and where you can find them, too (if they're not retired).
Elements of this card started to egg at the back of my mind a few days ago as I worked out some ways to put it together.
To make this single layer A2 card, I cut a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" soft finish card stock in half, creating two pieces 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".
I scored the half sheet in at the halfway point, 4 1/2". When scoring single cards, I usually just use the groove on my trimmer with a bone folder.
I folded the card at the score and pressed it down with the bone folder to make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card opening on the long side. This card fits into a standard A2 envelope.
I opened the card up and masked off the "back" with printer paper and washi. This will allow me to work on the front with minimal smudging or errant marks on the back.
I was going to try to measure out and mask the lines until I realised I have a stencil with lines the sixe I want. I lined up the stencil on the card and masked off the areas I didn't want to ink.
I used a blender to add Mowed Lawn Distress ink to the line.
I continued around the card to make a frame. I heat set the ink.
To add a stitch detail on the green, I used a stamp from Craftin' Desert Divas. I masked the card where the stamp extended further than I wanted. I stamped the stitching with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.
I like the look of this framing. I'll have to do this again sometime.
I prepped the card with the powder tool then stamped the automobile with Versamark. I cascaded fine black embossing powder over the stamping.
I heat set the embossing.
With the blender tool, I added Fired Brick Distress Oxide and then heat set it...
... and Fosilized Amber. I then used a wipe to wash off the embossing. The ink doesn't stick to the embossing and can be easily wiped away. The embossing resists the ink.
I added a sentiment on the front with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.
The sentiment inside is also Vintage Photo Distress Oxide with the stitching in Fired Brick Distress Oxide. The Oxide inks stamp beautifully.
Less is More: Single Layer with a Vehicle
Your Next Stamp: Color Challenge #70
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Add a Sentiment
Creative With Stamps: Boys to Men
Kraftin' Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes