A wonderful harbinger of Spring is a pot full of flowers even if the pot is made of packaging plastic with a Spellbinders Contour die decorated with an embossing folder and Nuvo Mousse and the flowers are paper.
Putting It Together
For my birthday last month, I got a Big Shot Plus. I love the prospect of the large size dies, but I will be acquiring them just on sale.
I big die has a big package. But, if you're careful in the opening, you can use the packaging for a project. This piece of packaging was almost not quite big enough. I used washi tape to hold it in place to fully cover the die lines.
This die makes a lovely open-ended box. The advantage of a Plus die is that there is only one join and a single pass on the die for this project.
I decided to emboss the plastic. I got this embossing folder long before I got the Big Shot Plus because it was a "one and done" item that wouldn't be available again and I have long wanted the BS Plus.
The embossed plastic looks elegant as is.
The plastic holds the folds remarkably.
I used a blender tool with Nuvo mousse to add a bit of colour. The mousse works well on the plastic and doesn't rub off, but it can be scratched and will wipe off with alcohol.
I store the blender sponges in the Nuvo mousse container for future use.
After fully covering it with Spring Green, I added highlights in Pacific Teal, Royal Aubergine, and Peony Pink.
Hard to see in the pictures, but the light coverage of metallic mousse on the clear plastic has an almost bubble iridescence. It's magical.
I used a strip of double-sided tape to close the join. I later augmented it with E-6000 for a stronger adhesion.
I left the bottom clear. The bottom has a slotted join which doesn't need adhesive. It needs to be slotted so it's inside.
Last summer at one of the garage sales sponsored by local scrapbooking stores, I bought a big bag of miscellaneous flowers. In the bag were some rather large flowers that I decided to use for this project. I used Tombow glue pen to glue them together.
For the stem, I used 20G green craft wire. I twisted a spiral at one end and turned it as a base in the flower.
I slipped the wire through the green petal base and added a glue dot to adhere it to the flower.
The glue dot should hold the wire together with the paper flower.
In the centre of the flowers, I added a brownish rhinestone.
I made six flowers with character which is all the materials for the flowers I had.
Put into the box, the match wonderfully.
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Spring
Crafter's Cafe: Handmade Flowers
Scraping 4 Fun: Anything Goes With Flowers
Pearly Sparkles: Flowers
Inspiration Destination: Pastel/Spring