Today I bring you a shaker with a celebratory couple, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set Let's Celebrate! The image was coloured with Stampin' Up watercolour pencil and Nuvo Glitter Accents.
Putting It Together
While at a gather hosted by my local Stampin' Up demonstrator, I did a bit of colouring. Since I was at a Stampin' Up thing, I decided to use Stampin' Up pencils. Can I say Stampin' Up 4 times in one paragraph and not have it be weird?
I had stamped the images with a light brown ink on lightweight watercolour card stock and tucked them in with my colouring stash. I carry watercolour pencils and waterbrushes with me most of the time so I can colour in those odd moments.
The Stampin' Up watercolour pencil set is a limited palette, but it's still possible to use for a variety of images. I'm hoping they come out with another set in the next catalogue in a few months. These are decent watercolour pencils with bright colours that match well with their corresponding inks and cardstocks, even if I rarely do matchy-matchy stuff.
At home, for a bit of sparkle, I used a paintbrush to add Nuvo Glitter Accents to the dress, bow, earring, and champagne.
I fussy cut the couple and dry fit them on confetti paper. This gave me the idea of doing a shaker.
I found a die that fit the couple for a window behind them.
I die cut two frames from off-white adhesive-backed fun foam.
I stacked the fun foam on the confetti paper to make the base of the shaker. I like building my shakers off the card base.
I used the powder tool on the edges to remove any stickiness.
I die cut a window into a holographic gold frame and dry fit the frame, couple, and shaker base.
I cut a panel of acetate to cover the window from the back of the frame and adhered it in place.
I used a dry Swiffer cloth to remove any particles and any static from the back of the window after I added the couple to the front.
I filled the shaker base with "Party" confetti from the dollar store. I adhered a few of the "party" bits to the back of the shaker base so they would be in the top of the shaker when all the rest of the bits are down. Along with the word in multiple colours, there are also itty-bitty stars.
I added double-sided tape to the fun foam frame.
After putting the top frame in place, I could see spots I didn't get it perfectly aligned. The off-white fun foam doesn't stand out as another colour would have but..
I added a few 'party' bits to the front of the frame along the window edges to break up the frame a bit. I then added the whole shaker to the card base with tape runner.
Inside, I added a panel of the confetti paper (which got mostly obscured on the card front) and a smaller white panel with a sentiment from the set. This brings the fun inside while also having an ample space for a personal sentiment.