28 October 2017

Shoe - Prismacolour pencil


A lovely strappy shoe as a vision in pink, this card features a Sheepski Designs digital stamp, Prismacolour pencil, and die cutting with other embellishments.


Putting It Together

Pink!! A monochrome card in various shades of pink. 


I printed the digital stamp on lightweight watercolour cardstock several months ago and put it in my image stash.


On an earlier project I discovered Prismacolour pencils work wonderfully on the watercolour surface. I used a limited palette of Blush Pink, Pink, Crimson Red, Process Red, White, and Dark Umber.


I gave the card a bit of shine with foiled cardstock matting. I double cut the image and matting and single cut a patterned paper panel. I decided to trim the patterned paper with a double cut after I dry fit them together.


I found the sizing I wanted and used washi tape to hold the die in place.


I dry fit them on the card base and added a bit of die cutting that's been in my stash from an earlier project I didn't use it for.


I decided to add a bit more to the background and used a Simon Says Stamp stencil with Distress ink and Clarity brush.


I dry fit them together and liked the feel. Good thing, too, since I had stenciled directly on the card base.


I added the patterned paper to the card base and added the pieces of the cut die cut. I cut the die cut in the middle so I could spread it to both sides.


I used foam mounting tape under the foiled matting of the image to give it dimension. I added glittered velvety hydrangea flowers and glittery dots.


Inside, I stenciled with a mask to leave a clear central area with the stenciling detail. I used a Unity Stamps sentiment as an affirmation to match the theme of the card.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Monochrome
Crazy 4 Challenges: Inspirational Card With Pink
Creative With Stamps: Shoes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. Love your card, background is fantastic and your coloring incredible! Great work! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wooooww
    1. I love your coloring the shoe so beautifully in pink
    2. the BG you made sooo soft and I love it..I always used my sponge I have to search this kind of brush thanks for the Foto
    3. great step by step you showed
    and many thanks to joining with us at CWS this time..
    your SHOE card is WONDERFUL
    hugs
    Monika (co-creator)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coloring is gorgeous! And I love all the little details!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the colors of this card are wonderful. I love all the work you put into the details. This could easily be framed and in a girls room. Such a great piece of art. Well done! Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This such a great card! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.