Wild roses on vellum grace this card offering Thanks.
Because of the delicateness of the lovely wild roses digi by Sheepski Designs, I wanted to see how it would look on vellum. This was also an experiment seeing how the water-based colouring/painting (I use Distress Ink with a waterbrush) would work with an image printed on vellum. I printed the image directly on the vellum and didn't 'treat' it in any other way. (I use hairspray on images I print on watercolour cardstock to minimise the printer ink bleeding). I did have a little bleed with the ink lifting off the vellum, but not too horribly.
The first thing I did was paint the image with the lightest of the colours, what I consider the 'base' colour. For this image, I painted the flowers with Spun Sugar (a very pale pink) and the leaves with Shabby Shutters (a light green with a hint of yellow). Before taking this shot, I had also started going in with the next colour on the leaves, Peeled Paint (medium green with a hint of yellow).
I continued on the leaves, adding in, Forest Moss (dark green) and Crushed Olive ( medium yellow-green).
I then returned to the roses adding Worn Lipstick (medium pink), Festive Berries (darker pink/red), and Aged Mahogany (dark wine red). On the side you can see where I smushed the mini pads on my work surface and picked up the colour with the waterbrush.
While I paint, I keep notes on the inks I use. I love the water-reactiveness of Distress Ink. The colours are vibrant and, because they're wet ink, I don't have to add a lot of water to them so I can use them, with the waterbrush, a lot like a marker. It's still a water medium so I do have to be aware of what's wet and what's not. Wet touched to wet bleeds or blends (depending on if you wanted that or not). Painting thin lines has to be done wet (barely more than damp) over dry.
I loosely fussy cut the image from the vellum.
I created a card base from Elizabeth Craft Design soft finish cardstock (85lb because I'm all out of 100lb). I love the texture finish on this cardstock. Using a Way With Words die, I cut a Thanks from black and a textured silver (both Recollections by Micheals). Before die cutting, I covered the cardstock with adhesive sheet to make it easier to adhere the die cuts to the card.
I laid down the black Thanks first and then slightly off-set the silver to have a drop shadow effect.
Using small adhesive dots, I attached the roses to the card to finish. For this card, I left the inside blank.