01 October 2020

You and Me - Sheepski Designs, alcohol marker

 


October's theme for the Sheepski Designs challenge blog is Autumn or Halloween! I used the adorable gnome couple on a Giant Mushroom for my inspiration project. Instead of a card, I made a framed picture filled with autumn colours. 

SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group


Putting It Together

It's been a rough month, a rough year, but we'll make it together. 


I used a plethora of Copic markers to colour up the couple on Hammermill 110lb cardstock. 

My mom recently gifted me a few hundred dollars to go to markers and I more than doubled my collection. I already had some used of each of the three types (Original, Sketch, and Ciao) so stretched my dollars to get mostly Ciao and some more Sketch on sales I could find. I am glad for the less expensive markers I had been collecting because they let me learn technique before investing hundreds of dollars. I still have the Nuvos and Spectrum Noir, some filling colours I don't have in Copics, so you will see them again, too. But, I now definitely feel like I am getting the hang of alcohol markers. Still more to learn and explore, but I am on my way with more confidence. I'm a visual person, I needed more colours :)


I used the bottom of the sheet to note the colours I used and do a bit of quick swatching. 


After putting together the frame using an Elizabeth Craft Design die and paper from Prima Marketting, I used a pencil to mark where to trim using the frame. 


I added some leaves and a flower from my stash along with a sentiment diecut from gold foiled cardstock. And now I have a nice little picture for our bookshelf as a reminder that we're better together.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Rijacki, what a lovely idea to make it into a picture <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.