01 August 2020

Orchid - silhouette, pigment powder



For August, the theme for the Sheepski Designs challenge blog is Anything Goes! For my inspiration project, I made a slim-line card using the Mini Orchid cut with Cricut Maker on a background made with Color Bursts.


Putting It Together

I got a "Stamp It Forward" gift of sap green Color Burst to add to the violet Color Burst I already had. I decided to put them together and experiment a bit. 


I started with spraying a panel of cotton watercolour paper with water. 


I then tapped on the powder on the wet paper. Some of the pigment began to 'bloom'.


I sprayed on more water for more blooming. More powder, more water. 


I used a puffer to move some of the pigmented wet around.


I used a heat tool to dry up some puddles. 


I also used a paper towel to dab up some of the puddles.


In the end, a hot mess or wonderful abstract goodness?


I trimmed the panel to fit a slim-line card. I'll use the other bits in future projects. 


I used the Cricut Maker with the PNG of the orchids to cut light grey cardstock.


I dabbed the grey with white pigment ink to break up the colour and give it a little depth. 


I dry-fit the cut image with the trimmed panel, card base, and a die.


After die-cutting the sentiment, I glued everything down with a liquid adhesive and trimmed the orchid. 



Supplies


Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.