02 August 2020

Proud - layered stamp, embossing, double z-fold



Proud as a peacock, my card features Stampin' Up stamp and die bundle, embossing folder, ink, and papers (that ll happen to be retired) with an accent of Perfect Pearls. 

Putting It Together

I finally got a webcam for my crafting room so I can participate in Zoom crafting gathers (and other stuff). Today was the Stamp 'n' Chat by my Stampin' Up demonstrator. She was showcasing a double-Z fold card so I decided to try one myself using Stampin' Up products in my stash. 

I got the peacock die and stamp bundle right before lockdown and breaking my arm so it has been sitting in my "to be put away" pile begging to be 'carded'. The box where I keep my Stampin' Up stamps and dies is just barely out of comfortable reach right now so it was perfect that it was still on my desk waiting to be put away. 


I chose a soft lavender and a deep teal from my Stampin' Up paper stash (and later noted they were retired, the peacock sets, too). I stamped the peacock with the matching dark teal ink on the lavender and used the layering detail to stamp with VersaMark and brush with Perfect Pearls for a subtle shimmery accent. I used the die to trim the image. 

The card my demonstrator made for the Zoom was oriented the long way but the peacock wouldn't fit so I had to adjust the measurements. Ignore my handwritten note, I was wrong *laugh* 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" for the teal base, scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4". The lavender strip cut to 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" and also scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4". I then trimmed off about 1/8" from the long part of the strip. And finally a 2/14" x 3 7/8" panel of the teal which I embossed with the Mosiac folder.


After adding the embossed panel to the strip and stamping the sentiment and accent with the teal ink, I adhered the long part of the strip to the shortest part of the base leaving a small margin to the side. 


I then adhered the short end to the back of the card base leaving the rest free to move. 


The card fold is pretty simple but very pretty. 


Opened wide you can see the detail of the double z.



Supplies



1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.