A fairy having a purr-fect day with her kitty.
I started this project with a desire to colour the Moonflower freebie image for the Kit and Clowder group colouring challenge, but it transformed as I worked on it.
I painted/coloured the image with Distress ink, Perfect Pearls, and watercolour brushes. I'm not sure why I saw her as wearing long gloves, but.. that's where the muse led me. Sadly, I lightened the image a bit too much before printing and lost a few details.
I used one of the oval dies of the Simply Defined line. While colouring, I was thinking about a layout with roses and ribbon, letting them dictate my palette.
I had also been thinking about lace, but don't have really any lace 'ribbon'. I do, however, have a couple small bits of lace yardage, originally bought for non-paper projects as the smallest amount of yardage I could buy. I got the idea of doing a lace inset with a larger oval and dry fit an oval die to visualize.
I used that larger oval to die cut a Core'dinations panel. I love the texture of the cardstock, like woven cloth.
To assemble the lace inset, I used a scrap of white, slightly smaller than A2 (4.25" x 5.5"). I adhered the oval to centre then covered it with the lace. I trimmed the lace into a rough oval larger than the backing oval.
I added foam mounting tape to the back of the frame, and...
...placed it over the centre oval. The foam tape of the frame also holds the lace in place. I trimmed off and lace extended out from the edges of the frame.
I did a dry layout .
Knowing the card front is going to be full, I stamped the inside while the card front was blank. I used a sentiment and yarn stamp from a Kraftin' Kimmie set and paw prints from a Craftin' Desert Divas set. I stamped in lavender to match with the rest of the card.
I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the edge of the frame.
I adhered the roses and bow with Glue Dots. I prefer them for dimensional embellishments. I thought I was done, but.. umm.. thought about it some more and added...
I added gems and pearls to the card and the image.
Kit and Clowder Group Colouring challenge: Moonflower image