08 June 2017

Love Is


Love is a couple sharing a life together, bonding with shared hopes and dreams, living their future.

This card features Unity Stamps, Stampin' Up embossing folder, Distress ink painted/coloured with waterbrush, and Hero Arts stamps on the inside.



Supplies



Putting It Together

The first time I saw this stamp set with the two women holding their hands up in a heart, I thought of friends of mine, a couple who live on an East Coast island who are very much in love with each other and their life together.


For my palette, I decided to use the Your Next Stamp challenge as inspiration. Blues and greys with a bit of green. Very mellow.


Since the colouring for the image was going to be mostly blues, I stamped the image with a light blue.


The image always starts to come to life with just hair and skin.


I used Distress ink with water brushes to paint the image. I added touches of silver gel pen to their bracelets and to the hearts surrounding them. I used Wink of Stella on the flower wreath and bracelet. After taking this picture, I added in a bit of sky with Tumbled Glass.


I used an oval to die cut the image and chose background papers for the card.


The sketch for the Your Next Stamp did inspire my layout, but I used an oval instead because I wanted to capture the girls fully.


I decided the flat background felt a bit.. well.. flat.. so I used an embossing folder for some texture. I adhered both pieces of the background to a hidden panel and ran them all through with the folder for a seamless look.


I edged the embossed panel with silver ink for a more finished look.


I stamped the front sentiment with Aegean Blue chalk ink on a strip of vellum for a soft look, "Love is, love is, love  is, Love". I wrapped the sentiment strip around the embossed panel to anchor it in the back and hide the adhesive. The sentiment shows up better in real life than it does in the pictures. I adhered the oval flat to the embossed panel and the panel flat to the card base. I debated popping up the oval but.. I like this look for this card.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment using the same blue chalk ink and added a bit of greenery with Distress ink Peeled Paint for a whimsical detail.



Challenges

Unity {show & tell} Facebook group: Unity Girls
Your Next Stamp: Challenge 65 
Crafty Gals Corner: Emboss It!
Aurora Wings challenge: Celebrate
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. what a lovely card, thank you for joining us in our celebration challenge at Aurorawings and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, loving the image and your colouring.
    Thanks for joining us over at PENNY'S.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the colouring! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
    Mary DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and great coloring and layout. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful image and design, Rijaki! Love your coloring and embossed background. I'm sure your friends will be thrilled. Happy anniversary to them both. Thanks so much for joining our 'Celebration' challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rijacki, love the pretty embossing background. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your card! Beautifully done and I like the way you have step-by-step instructions. Thank you so much for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Hope to see you again soon and good luck with this weeks challenge. Jana DT/CGCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great take on the YNS sketch. Wonderful coloring on your card too. This is one lucky card...be sure to check out the YNS Blog. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.