07 February 2019

Together - stencilling, coloured pencil


Love is what brings us here, together, today. My card features a stamp set, stencils, ink, and enamel dots from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps with additions of Nuvo mica mist and Prima mixed media paste.


Putting It Together

I love stencils. They're so versatile and can be used with a bunch of different media and techniques.



I started my background panel with stencilling using paste and re-inker.


I squeezed out some of the paste on a bit of plastic packaging. I keep most of the plastic bags from packages when I put stuff away so I can use it for messy stuff like this.


I dripped some re-inker, Granit Grey, on the paste.


I roughly mixed the ink with the paste using a silicone brush.


I then spread the coloured paste on a panel using the Sweater Weather stencil. I usually prefer using a silicone brush vs palette knife. I feel like I have more control and am less likely to get the paste under the stencil.


After the paste dried (I left it overnight only because I ran out of time, it doesn't take 24 hours to dry), I used a blender tool to add the light pink, Pretty in Pink, over the grey.


I used the darker pink, Raspberry Rose, on the edges and then misted the panel with Nuvo Mica Mist. My pink Tuscan Rose has a mostly non-functional sprayer so I actually flicked that one on the panel. I like the randomness of the spray adding a bit of character.


Setting the background aside to dry (the mist takes a minute or two), I stamped the image on Bristol with Totally Taupe.


I used Prismacolor pencils in a 'no lines' technique colouring, keeping track of the pencils I used on scrap paper.


I stamped the sentiment and die cut it. I thought the white was a bit stark so I used the blender tool with the darker pink to add a little colour.


I fussy cut the image and I dry fit it with the background and sentiment to work out placement.


I used tape runner to adhere the background to a white card base. I added the image and sentiment with Glue Dots to adhere better to the textured background. I also added a trio of pink enamel dots.


Inside,  I used the Nuvo brush with the Happy Hearts stencil and Raspberry Rose to add a light pattern as a background to the sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Krafty Party #1 - Make Your Own Background
Creative Craft Cottage: Valentines
Incy Wincy: Make it Girly
The Crafty Addicts: Valentines Colours
Try It On Tuesday: Romance
Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes: Roses are Red
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine
The Sketchy Challenge: Love

10 comments:

  1. What a nice card.

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this take on romance. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Rijacki! Your coloring of the stamped image is incredible! Now I know why mine never turn out as well, I need to use more colors! Thank you for the description of how you made your background, too! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. The hearts background came out great. Thanks for sharing how you created this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card. Thank you for joining our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Kate! Great background for your fun girls!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation! Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sketchy Challenges. Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful project !! Beautiful coloring and the design !! It's great to have you with us here at Incy Wincy Design, I hope to see you again at our next challenge !!
    Hugs !!
    Claudia Martins - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.