11 February 2019

Celebrate - Through the Craftroom Door, 3D embossing, die cuts


We always have something to celebrate, so get some champaign and we'll set off the fireworks.

This week the sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is Stix2!

Stix2 is based in the UK and supply amazing products to the Craft, Hobby, Scrapbooking & Stationery Market. We have 100’s of different types of adhesives, tapes, glues, PVA’s, hot glue, foam pads…. To suit everyone’s preference. And then we have  a whole host of ancillary products to go with them, you can see the full range – www.stix2.co.uk
Based in the North East of England we supply to craft shops around the world, making many of our products on our premises

My card features 3-D embossing from Tim Holtz, and dies from Tonic Studios and Elizabeth Craft Designs with a background of Cosmic Shimmer and Nuvo Mica Mist.


Putting It Together

The idea for this card popped into my head just as I was waking up last weekend. I had gotten my deadlines jumbled in my head but am glad I did since this weekend my craft space is all torn up as I am moving into a different (bigger) room and doing a re-org.



I thought about a couple new dies and a new embossing folder I had acquired and how they might fit together.


I used Cosmic Shimmer Pearl Lustre on a panel of heavy cardstock before embossing it. The Cosmic Shimmer dries quick and makes the paper kind of pliable like leather.


I then sprayed the panel with Nuvo Mica Mist: Tuscan Rose, Nebula Blue, and Violet Lustre.


I did a dry fit with the flutes and sentiment I cut with Tonic Studios and Elizabeth Craft Designs dies. I love the gorgeous calligraphy of Way With Words. For the flutes, I used Cosmic Shimmer Enchanted Gold on scrap paper. For the sentiment, I used glittered cardstock from Core'dinations.


To give the flutes some dimension, I stacked die cuts.


I decided I didn't like the big blue blotches in my original background panel so I re-did it. I'm much happier with this one. The mix of colours with the Cosmic Shimmer Pearl give it an almost holographic look which is perfect with the Kaleidoscope embossing folder for a fireworks effect. 


I decided sentiment needed some contrast so I stacked it on black cardstock with a slight offset, like a drop shadow.


Inside, I initially used masking and misted the Nuvo Mica Mists for a frame effect. But, I was unhappy to see that I got my mask just slightly not straight.


So.. I decided to just finish the front and ponder the inside later. I used black cardstock to matte the panel before adding everything to the white card base.


For the inside, I die cut thin pearl cardstock with a Spellbinders die and added it over the masked area. This added just the right touch to the misted framing.



Challenges

Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Die Cuts
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Crafty Friends: Anything Goes
Love To Scrap: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Friends Challenge and we hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.