10 February 2019

Birthday to Ewe - wobbler, Liquid Applique, embossing


A happy, bouncy ewe with a birthday wish, my card features a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set and inks, Liquid Applique with Glamor Dust, Zig Clean Color markers, embossing, and a wobbler for a bit of bouncy fun.


Putting It Together

When doing a composite image for the opener, I always forget at least one thing. You should be able to spot in in the steps below.

I finished this off last night as the last thing in my old workshop/studio/craftroom. I'm moving into a different (bigger) room in the house while moving most of the contents of that room into what has been my craftroom for the last 3 years. I'm also painting and doing other stuff to the new space. So, no time for crafting in the process. 



I stamped the ewe on to a scrap of bristol and then fussy cut her with a very narrow margin. I then gave her a bit of a colour-up with Zig Clean Colour markers.


For the fluffiness, I used Liquid Applique. I dotted it over the wooly parts of the ewe.


I then covered the wet Liquid Applique with Glamor Dust.


Then heat tool. This dries the Liquid Applique and makes it all sorts of puffy.


With the Glamor Dust and Liquid Applique, I now have a sparkly happy ewe.


I thought plaid would look great with the ewe so I looked at the plaid papers in my stash. The rainbow plaid from Lawn Fawn is perfect. To back it, spotty, slightly shimmery paper from Recollections. I decided, too, that a heart would be the perfect touch.


I embossed the sentiment with a turquoise powder I recently got on clearance. I like the whimsy of a coloured sentiment. Dry fitting as I go helps me see what else might be needed.


I decided I wanted more sparkle and a bit more contrast between the heart and the background. So, I decided to add glitter. I used a glue pen to add adhesive to the edge of the heart.


I then dumped microfine glitter over the edges. I brushed off loose glitter with a soft makeup brush from the dollar store, then rubbed /burnished the glitter with my finger.


To soften the edges of the pink background, I used Purple Pansy with a blender on the edges.


I used the new Charming Chartreuse on the edges of the sentiment panel.


A recent acquisition for my stash is a number washi I got on clearance. I thought it would be a fun touch.


For a bit more sparkle, I decided on some silver ribbon.


I popped up the heart and sentiment with foam mounting tape. I decided to give the ewe some bounce so mounted her on a small wobbler.


Inside, I added a strip of the washi.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Krafty Party #3 - Sparkly Birthday
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Interactive Card (wobbler bouncy ewe)
Scribbles Designs: Birthday
Incy Wincy: Make it Girly
Sparkle 'n' Sprinkle: Loose Glitter and Embossing
Crafty Friends: Anything Goes
Always Fun: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful! The wooly sheep is fantastic! I love the colours you chose for the rest of your card too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on your ewe, she is great. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply lovely and a great picture tutorial on how you did this beauty - thank you for sharing with us at Penny's this week and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at penny's paper crafty challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! Love the idea of your woolly, bouncy deer! Great spring colors for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, great image and I love the fluffiness. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darling!! I love how you did the wool. That sheep is just too cute. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little sheep just makes me smile! Love the liquid applcique - perfect amount of fluffiness for this cutie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scribbles Designs!-Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how woolly your sheep looks....it was great to see the step by step in how you created this lovely card too

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Thank you for joining in the Make It Girly challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOO cute! I love your wooly sheep and how you made him all sparkly. Tons of fun! Thanks so much for joining us at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge this month!

    Hugs!
    Jess - DT Coordinator
    www.freshybjess.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the way you did the sheep. I wonder if expanding mousse from Nuvo might work similar to that applique. :-) Loved the tutorial...Thank you for participating in the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenges. DT Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.