12 December 2018

Let's Get Krafty - coloured pencil on kraft, multi-stamping


Crafty friends are the best! It's a wonderful thing to have a friend with whom you can spend a 'crafter-noon' being creative and social.  My card features stamp sets by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and colouring with Prismacolor pencils on kraft.

Putting It Together

I was originally thinking of doing the krafty girl as a single layer card but then thought of the Oh, Crop! set and thought they would go together like bread and butter. Oh, and I didn't start out with a plan to use every Kimmie ink that's been released so far, but... well.. it happened *laugh*



I stamped on kraft with Terrific Taupe.


I coloured the krafty girl with Prismacolour pencils keeping track of the ones I used on a bit of scrap. I love the look of coloured pencils on kraft. Oh, and why red hair? I dunno. It just happens :) I like the red hair blends. I sometimes wish I could find an auburn shade dye that looks good on me.


I used the little images from the Oh, Crop set to so a multi-stamp background using nearly every colour of ink of the currently released colours. Before I started stamping them, I used the inside of the die I used to trim the krafty girl to draw in the negative space that would be under her. I didn't need to put any of the stamps in that space but did want to make sure some would be partially peeking out from under her.


I dry fit the krafty girl on the background and actually let out a bit of a squeee! I think the variety of colours is just perfect, too.


I adhered everything flat to a white card base adding a sentiment in a diamond.


Inside, I added a sentiment from each set along with the heart and hashtags from Oh, Crop.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: 12 Krafty Days of Khristmas - Day 11
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Incy Wincy: Make Your Own Background
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. It sure would be nice to have a crafty friend. I don't have one close by. Even if I do, I am always into mommy chores and work. Very cute image. Love the coloring in kraft. Love the background and the sentiments. I am sure, whoever receives your card will feel special. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Create Your Own Background Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that coloring on kraft! Such a great background too! Thanks for sharing over at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. The image is coloured beautifully. And I love the background you have created. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again in 2019. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.