14 December 2018

Junior Spaceman - watercolour, embossing, die cutting, masculine card


A birthday on the moon for the junior spaceman! My card features Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and colouring with Prima Marketing watercolour pencils and Finetec pearlescent watercolour with die cuts from Simon Says Stamp and Tim Holtz.

Putting It Together

When I put together cards, I sometimes do stuff just to amuse myself. Hopefully others like it as well.


I used Prima Marketing watercolour pencils to colour the image. I have three sets now and blue!



I did the colouring while I was at lunch at my day job. I coloured everything until I came to the blank flag and a blank mind. I pondered various flags. I live in Canada so I thought about using the Canadian flag but didn't think I could do the leaf right. So.. I live in British Columbia and the province has an interesting flag. So... I claim this moon in the name of BC! I used a pencil to draw the design on the flag before colouring it.


At home, I fussy cut the image with a narrow margin.


I stamped the moon from another set and coloured it with Finetex pearlescent watercolour.  I then fussy cut the moon.


I did a dry fit with the background panel and the die I wanted to use.


I die cut the space border and the happy birthday to do a dry fit with everything.  I embossed the background with a star embossing folder for a bit more space and dimension.


I die cut the happy birthday from gold mirror card to stack under the white. This gives a hint of gold to the edges of the letters and gives them a little dimension.


I used a rhinestone star for the i in birthday because I thought it would be a fun detail. I used silver microfine glitter on the planet and star on the edge because I got adhesive there and couldn't easily remove it. I added everything to a white card base and popped up the junior spaceman with foam mounting tape. Halfway through assembling the card, I ran out of my tape runner with no more in my drawers! I had to switch to liquid glue which worked great.


Inside I stamped a sentiment with other spacey details.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: 12 Krafty Days of Khristmas - Day 7
Watercooler Wednesday: Occasions
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Birthday Celebration
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. super masculine birthday card.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card and so cool. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card....so clever! Love the fun feel to your card! Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.