18 May 2018

Sunshine - die cuts, stamping, vintage buttons


A card to evoke a rustic summery day at the cabin, my card today features Impression Obsession dies and stamps with an accent of vintage buttons and embossing with Baked Texture. Relax and enjoy.



Putting It Together

I started with a vague idea that I wanted to do something for the current Impression Obsession challenge. While fishing for an idea, I used the Cover-A-Card Woodgrain to stamp Tea Dye on a light brown Neenah panel. I love the tone on tone look of it. I thought I got a picture but alas I did not. I used the Misti to stamp a 4" x 5 1/4" panel by using removable adhesive to hold it in place.


As I was pondering what to do for the rest of the card, I looked through some challenge sites and the sketch from Feeling Sketchy started brewing an idea.


I die cut pine fronds from Recollections paper and stamped the Lazy Lawn Chair on the same light brown paper with dark brown ink. I fussy cut the chair and die cut Sunshine from the same light brown paper. I cut the "May your.." stamp in half so I could stack the sentiment into a smaller space. I like the lazy summer feel of this dry fit layout on a kraft card base.


I double embossed the Sunshine die cut to give it a glossy dimensional look. I used the new Vintage Beeswax from the Baked Texture line from Emerald Creek and was very impressed with how wonderfully the chunky embossing powder melted and made this so fantastic.


I have a treasure trove of vintage buttons that I acquired last summer from a neighbour who was moving away and downsizing. I looked through the stash of browns to find a trio of buttons. So frustrating to find singletons or doubles that were perfect but no others in the stash. I did find some trios I did like and winnowed through them.


I stamped the "May your.." sentiment directly on the panel, using a dry fit layout to position the stamp in the Misti. I used the Zig glue pen to adhere the die cuts and have them dangle just off the edge of the woodgrain stamped panel. I used foam mounting tape on the lawn chair to pop it up. And lastly, I added the buttons with Glue Dots. I love the lazy rustic look of this card.


Inside, I stamped another sentiment and die embossed a subtle sun-like impression with the Geometric Cutouts. I thought this a nice uplifting sentiment to link to the one on the front.



Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Stamp a Background
Feeling Sketchy: Sketch #193
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Just for Fun: Use More Than 1 Stamp
Scribbles Designs: Make it Masculine



13 comments:

  1. The texture on the embossed "sunshine" actually LOOKS like it's coated in beeswax! What a fun card to celebrate summertime, I plan on lounging in a chair just like that today! Thanks so much for joining us again this month at JFF Rubber Stamps Rijacki! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lazy hazy days of summertime card Rijacki. I love the way you've added the shiny texture to the word Sunshine, it looks like honey. I also love the beautiful verse on the inside of your card. Well done. Thanks for playing along with our Masculine Anything Goes Challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cool!! Thanks for playing along with us at Watercooler Wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat card! I love the sunshine die cut. Thanks for sharing st Just For Fun stamps. We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me want to relax! Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber Stamps! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such a sweet cards. I like the way have you used our sketch :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. I hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the tone on tone background. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Skethy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer card! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy You can visit my blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Scribbles Designs… your card fits perfectly with our “Masculine” challenge theme… Hope you will be able to join us again very soon and Good Luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thank you for joining in our Make It Masculine Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. The background looks great and I love how you embossed the Sunshine.
    Thank you for sharing with the Just For Fun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.