06 May 2018

Critter - die cuts, distressing


Spring in the forest makes a lovely study for a needlework project even if that needlework is really all paper. My card features a Kraftin' Kimmie stamps set, Lawn Fawn paper and ink, a Sizzix die by Eileen Hull, and a vintage button with a Memory Box needle.

Putting It Together 

I wanted to do a "quickie" card this morning with a critter and Spring. I stamped the beaver and log and a few leaves and an acorn while pondering an idea. Last night I was playing with a new die I got, cutting it from chipboard. I got to wondering how it would look with the beaver.


I dry fit my idea adding a brightly coloured plaid, a needle I die cut from foiled cardstock, and a bit of baker's twine from a kit.


I coloured the hoop with Cosmic Shimmer - Chocolate Bronze and Distress Oxide - Frayed Burlap. I used Art Alchemy wax - Old Silver on the fastener.


I distressed the edges of the paper to make them more clothlike and added a button from my collection of vintage buttons.


Inside I added another beaver and a sentiment along with some of the rainbow plaid scrap.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie National Scrapbooking Day: Bingo! (twine, spring, free, button, critter)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Animal Magic
Tuesday Throwdown: Critter Crazy
Crafty Hazelnut's  Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes




2 comments:

  1. What a cute card and idea!!

    Thanks for joining us this week @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the torn edge of the cardstock adds to this card. Thanks for participating with CraftyHazelnut’s Patterned Paper challenge!
    ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.